Endolite hydraulic technology provides benefits to the user that can help to improve their quality of life and sustain a healthy body.
18% increase in toe clearance reduces the chance of trip and falls.3
Balanced Limb Loading
Reduced chance of long term limb disease.7,8
Greater Control and Stability
Increased confidence in walking and negotiating variable terrain.4,5
Improved Energy Efficiency
10% reduction in energy cost.7
Reduced socket pressure.6
33.4% increase for bilateral patients.5
1. Hungerford DS, Cockin J. Fate of the retained lower limb joints in Second World War amputees. J Bone Joint Surg. 1975; 57(1):111.
2. Kulkarni J, Gaine WJ, Buckley JG, Rankine JJ, Adams J. Chronic low back pain in traumatic lower limb amputees. Clinical rehabilitation. 2005;19(1):81-6
3. L. Johnson, A.R. De Asha, R. Munjal, J. Kulkani, J. G. Buckley. Toe clearance when walking in people with unilateral transtibial amputation: Effects of passive hydraulic ankle. Journal of
Rehabilitation Research and Development (JRRD) 2014; 51 (3), 429-438
4. V Struchkov, J.Buckley. Biomechanics of ramp descent in unilateral trans-tibial amputees: Comparison of a microprocessor controlled foot with conventional ankle-foot mechanisms. Clinical
Biomechanics. 2016, vol32, p164-170
5. I. Sedki, R. Moore. Patient evaluation of the Echelon foot using the Seattle Prosthesis Evaluation Questionnaire. Prosthetics and Orthotics International 2013; 37(3), 250-254
6. S. Portnoy, A. Kristal, A. Gefen, I. Siev-Ner. Outdoor dynamic subject-specific evaluation of internal stresses in the residual limb: Hydraulic energy-stored prosthetic foot compared to
conventional energy-stored prosthetic feet. Gait and Posture 2012; 35(1), 121-5
7. A.R. De Asha, R. Munjal, J. Kulkani, J.G. Buckley. Walking speed related joint kinetic alterations in trans-tibial amputees: impact of hydraulic ‘ankle’ damping. Journal of Neuro Engineering and
Rehabilitation (JNER) 2013; 10:107
8. Moore R. Effect on Stance Phase Timing Asymmetry in Individuals with Amputation Using Hydraulic Ankle Units. JPO: Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics. 2016; 28(1):44-8.